Tektronix To Feature Products And Solutions From Across Its Test & Measurement Portfolio, Including The Lowest Noise, Highest Fidelity Scope Available - DPO70000SX 70 GHz ATI Performance Oscilloscope
BRACKNELL, UK - 6.July, 2015 - Tektronix, the world's leading manufacturer of oscilloscopes, announced today that the company will be showcasing a wide-range of optical test and measurement products and solutions at ECOC 2015 (Stand 435) which takes place from 28.-30.09.2015 in Valencia, Spain.
Tektronix will showcase a wide range of applications to test the world's most complex components for coherent optical and communication design which include the following:
- 40 Gb/s stressed pattern generation for high speed datacom and telecom test
- 40 Gb/s multi-channel BER measurements and analysis for stressed receiver testing of data communications designs
- 400G coherent optical modulation analysis for long-haul network design testing
- 25G opto-electrical testing for validation of the critical 100GBASE-SR4 specification
Tektronix will provide attendees with hands-on demonstrations and technical advice to help them solve their individual test and measurement challenges. On the stand will be the new DPO70000SX 70 GHz ATI Performance Oscilloscope featuring the lowest-noise and highest effective bits of any ultra-high bandwidth real-time oscilloscope available on the market.
"I encourage ECOC visitors to attend the Tektronix open customer technology forum, presented by leading optical research and commercial enterprises at our booth. The various presentations will demonstrate, how they used Tektronix technology measurement solutions to solve complex coherent optical and communication design challenges," said Dean Miles, Technical Marketing Manager at Tektronix. "We are looking forward to demonstrating these new solutions at the show. In addition visitors to the Tektronix booth will be able to participate in a prize draw to win an Apple Watch."
Highlights on the Tektronix stand this year will include:
- The DPO70000SX 70 GHz ATI Performance Oscilloscope featuring the lowest-noise and highest effective bits of any ultra-high bandwidth real-time oscilloscope available on the market. The new oscilloscope incorporates a range of innovations that enable it to more effectively meet the current and future needs of engineers and scientists developing high-speed coherent optical systems or performing leading-edge research.
- The AWG70000 Series offers bandwidth on demand by generating wide bandwidth signals at baseband, IF and RF frequencies up to 20GHz, with greater than -80 dBc dynamic range. With up to 16 G Samples of waveform memory, it can generate unique signals that are long enough to simulate real world environments or make complex optical modulations such as PAM 4, making it the most flexible wideband signal generation product available today.
- The new OM4245 45 GHz Optical Modulation Analyzer (OMA) capable of supporting the latest 100G and next-gen 400G communications standards. With support for single-carrier or multi-carrier systems, the analyzer is tightly integrated with the Tektronix DPO70000SX 70 GHz ATI Performance Oscilloscope. The OM4245 is capable of dual-polarization coherent optical analysis up to 80 GBaud. It offers built-in, narrow linewidth lasers and supports the Tektronix OM-Series User Interface (OUI). Along with proven ease-of-use for typical analysis applications, the Tektronix OUI also provides the flexibility and access to the MATLAB computational engine researchers need for more advanced coherent optical analysis. This provides a robust, time-saving, and customizable platform for conducting experiments in coherent modulation algorithms.
- A new series of high-speed pattern generators and bit error detectors to support optical and serial data communications testing on signals as fast as 40 Gb/s. The new 40 Gb/s PPG4001 pattern generator and PED4000 Series error detectors feature very high signal quality and jitter stress capabilities ideal for SERDES, component, and optical module testing. The PPG3000 Series pattern generators and PED3000 Series error detectors feature multi-channel pattern generation and error detection with channel-specific data programming, jitter insertion, and BER analysis ideal for critical margin testing on standards like 100G Ethernet, which require up to 4 channels.
- The new 80C15C, 32GHz, single/multi-mode, broad wavelength optical sampling head, the latest addition to the extensive DSA8300 Digital Sampling Oscilloscope platform, offering a complete high-speed PHY Layer testing platform for data communications from 155Mb/sec to 100G.
Advanced Optical Solutions
At ECOC, Tektronix will be demonstrating its extensive range of PHY layer test solutions: eye diagrams and jitter performance, stressed receiver testing, crosstalk & BER tests and optical modulation analysis. Tektronix provides expertise and equipment to perform standards-compliant TX, RS and coherent optical testing from 125 MB/sec to 100 GB/sec and beyond.
For more than sixty five years, engineers have turned to Tektronix for test, measurement and monitoring solutions to solve design challenges, improve productivity and dramatically reduce time to market. Tektronix is a leading supplier of test equipment for engineers focused on electronic design, manufacturing, and advanced technology development. Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix serves customers worldwide and offers award-winning service and support. Stay on the leading edge at www.tektronix.com.