Читать на веб-сайте:
The 82A04B Phase Reference Module extends the capability of the DSA8300 Digital Serial Analyzer sampling oscilloscope 1 by providing extremely low jitter/drift sample position information to the mainframe. This sample position information is based on the phase of a clock the user provides to the 82A04B input.
1 Also compatible with DSA8200 and TDS/CSA8200 sampling oscilloscopes.
Key performance specifications
- Extremely low jitter RMS
- Wide and continuous frequency range 2 GHz - 60 GHz
- Flexible operation:
- Untriggered (Free-running) Acquisition Without Trigger Signal
- Support for enhanced acquisition modes (FrameScan®)
- Small module implementation allows:
- Acquisition on six other channels
- Placement close to the DUT with module extender cable
- Fast acquisition rate
- Design, verification, and manufacturing of computer, telecom, and datacom components and systems operating at 10 Gb/s and faster
Extremely low jitter solution
The benefits of the 82A04B using the sample position information based on a clock signal are two-fold - an extremely low jitter of RMS, and the possibility of a triggerless acquisition. The typical application is the acquisition and analysis of very high-speed optical and electrical signals in high-speed communication devices and systems and similar areas.
The 82A04B together with the DSA8300 implements the phase reference time-base functionality in a novel way, giving the user the freedom to select from time base and acquisition modes without compromises; any phase-reference frequency within the operating range is accommodated, and even the advanced features, such as FrameScan®, remain available.
Modes of operation
The operation of the phase reference module is based on the acquisition of a clock synchronous to the signal under observation. This clock can be a user-supplied signal (for example, a clock from a BERT), or the clock output of one of the DSA8300 clock recovery or optical modules.
- Phase Ref Free-Run - With no external trigger to the DSA8300 mainframe needed, the 82A04B module can, together with the mainframe, create a time base based on the phase of the reference clock (effectively the time base of the instrument functions as a "Phase-base" instead). The signal displayed on the screen will therefore repeat after one period of the reference clock. All user controls remain enabled, even while the horizontal position has relative meaning only. The timing information presented by the oscilloscope is based solely on the phase reference clock frequency as entered by the user in the Input Freq field of the Phase Reference Setup dialog.
- Phase Ref Triggered - By providing the phase reference clock to both the phase reference module and the Clock Input of the instrument, the DSA8300's Advanced Trigger feature (Option ADVTRIG) can acquire repetitive pattern data (as opposed to only eye diagrams or clock signals) with very low jitter.
- Characterize - To operate properly in either the Phase Ref Triggered or the Phase Ref Free-Run modes the Phase Reference module has to first characterize the phase reference signal. The signal must be stable during the characterization and afterward. The instrument indicates when characterization is necessary.
All specifications apply to all models unless noted otherwise.
- Acquisition modes
- Free Run Synchronous, Triggered Synchronous
- Mainframe resources
- Any one active 1 small (electrical) module slot. Both acquisition channels associated with the slot became unavailable. Only one 82A04B module can be activated in a mainframe at a time
1 Channels that are not displaced by an installed optical (large) module.
- Compatible mainframes
- DSA8300, DSA8200, CSA/TDS8200. Does not operate in the CSA/TDS8000 or 8000B mainframes
Reference clock parameters supported
- Operational amplitude
- 100 mVp-p to 2.0 Vp-p
- Guaranteed frequency range
- 2 GHz - 32 GHz continuous; for a nonsinewave reference clock signal in the 2 GHz - 8 GHz range an additional filter
1 typically is required
2 GHz - 60 GHz continuous with Option 60G; for a nonsinewave reference clock signal in the 2 GHz - 8 GHz range an additional filter 1 typically is required
The 82A04B module does not require particularly high spectral fidelity in the clock signal passed to it; the signal can be BW limited (such as by the cable) since there can be no ISI issues (as the signal is a clock); it is sufficient to supply a signal that is stable, free from unstable moding, and has the appropriate amplitude.
1 See list of accessories at the end of this datasheet for recommended filters.
- System jitter of RMS, on a 10 GHz or faster acquisition module, in DSA8300 mainframe, with f ≥8 GHz, VREF ≥0.6 V phase reference signal
System jitter of 140 fsRMS typical, on a 10 GHz or faster acquisition module, in DSA8300 mainframe, with 2 GHz ≤ f
Time accuracy (time base) and timing deviation (phase reference)
- Phase reference time base (triggered)
- Maximum timing deviation relative to phase reference signal
- Horizontal position >40 ns after trigger event: 0.2% of phase reference signal period (typical)
Horizontal position ≤40 ns after trigger event: 0.4% of phase reference signal period (typical)
- Phase reference time base (free run)
- Maximum timing deviation relative to phase reference signal
- 0.1% or better of phase reference signal period (typical)
- Input impedence
- 50 Ω ±0.5 Ω AC (5 pF typical AC coupling)
- 1.85 mm female (‘V’) connector
Precision adapter to 2.92 mm female included with 50 Ω SMA termination
- 79 mm (3.1 in)
- 25 mm (1.0 in)
- 135 mm (5.3 in)
- 0.4 kg (13 oz)
- Matches the mainframe specifications.
- Phase Reference Module
- 82A04B Phase Reference Module User Manual
- Cable assembly, Coax; 50 Ohm, 20 in, SMA, M-M
- TekScope application software install kit for DSA8300
- TekScope application software install kit for CSA/DSA/TDS8000 instruments
- Terminator; coaxial; 50 Ω, 0.5 W, SMA
- Adapter, RF, 2.4 mm or 1.85 mm Male to 2.92 mm Female
- One (1) year
- Opt. 60G
- Extends the BW range to 60 GHz
- Opt. C5
- Calibration Service 5 Years
- Opt. R3
- Repair Service 3 Years (including warranty)
- Opt. R5
- Repair Service 5 Years (including warranty)
- Filter 2 GHz. Filter kit for nonsinusoidal phase reference clock signals with frequency between 2 GHz and 4 GHz
- Filter 4 GHz. Filter kit for nonsinusoidal phase reference clock signals with frequency between 4 GHz and 6 GHz
- Filter 6 GHz. Filter kit for nonsinusoidal phase reference clock signals with frequency between 6 GHz and 8 GHz
- Sampling Module Extender Cable (1 meter)
- Sampling Module Extender Cable (2 meter)
- Connector Adapter. (2.4 mm or 1.85 mm male to 2.92 mm female) DC to 40 GHz
- Interconnect cables (3rd party)
- Tektronix recommends using quality high-performance interconnect cables with high-bandwidth 80E00 modules to minimize measurement degradation and variations. The W.L. Gore & Associates' cable assemblies are compatible with the 2.92 mm, 2.4 mm, and 1.85 mm connector interface of the 80E00 modules. Contact Gore (http://www.gore.com/tektronix) to order cable assemblies.